Search the web   Search this site

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sean Penn "Suspicious" of Wyclef Jean's Presidential bid in Haiti; Wyclef Answers to Penn: "I have sweat in my blood."

Actor Sean Penn criticized Wyclef Jean’s intention and decision to run for President of Haiti. Penn is suspicious about the outside corporate forces backing Wyclef's Presidential candidacy.

During the CNN interview, Sean Penn said, “I’m not accusing Wyclef Jean of being an opportunist; I don’t know the man. One of the reasons I don’t know very much about Wyclef Jean is that I haven’t seen or heard anything of him in these last six months that I’ve been in Haiti.”

“This is somebody who’s going to receive an enormous amount of support from the United States, and I have to say I’m very suspicious of it, simply because he, as an ambassador at large, has been virtually silent. For those of us in Haiti, he has been a non-presence."

Wyclef responded to Sean comment's via The Gayle King Show , saying, “He hasn’t seen me for six months - I have been going to Haiti for more than five years. When the hurricane toppled Haiti, I was the first one there...if I did not create Yele Haiti to start stopping the violence, even him coming to Haiti would not have been possible today.”

""My country is not a city of tents, meaning I can't use the excuse of people living in tents to say that I'm going to make Haiti a better place. I would like to tell Sean Penn I do not react on emotions when it comes to the Haitian people. I do not have to sacrifice my life and live inside of the tents to prove I am for the Haitian people."

"I have sweat in my blood."






Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review