Search the web   Search this site

Friday, May 21, 2010

Katherine Heigl - Harper's Bazaar Cover June 2010

Katherine Heigl is looking radiantly lovely in the June 2010 issue of Harper’s Bazaar and in her interview, she opens up about her straight forward opinion, career, relationship and motherhood.

Katherine on speaking her mind:
“I spent so many years just saying what I felt without thinking about the ramifications, without understanding that I have this opinion but not everyone might share that opinion and now they don’t like me because of it. That was really awkward.”

Katherine on Naleigh's special condition:
"Her heart is 100 percent fine now. She has a scar, so she won't be wearing bikinis, which is fine by us. A lot of children don't find forever homes because they're on that special-needs list, even if it's because of something as simple as her mother smoked cigarettes for a month, not knowing she was pregnant. That's not so huge that you couldn't handle it."

Katherine finds it a challenge to keep up with the fashions of fellow celebrities' daughters: “Dude, I try, but I’m not nailing the baby fashion. It’s intimidating. I get beautiful outfits from Gap and baby Juicy, but I’m not layering it or putting her in Prada flats. It’s really stressing me out.”

Katherine on being a normal girl: “I hate it when people say this, but I’m a people pleaser,” she explains. “I was really raised with the idea that it’s important to be honest and to share your experiences, both disappointing and exhilarating. But sometimes I think the American public just wants to see my life a good fortune. They don’t want to know about the day-to-day. It ruins the fantasy. It’s lame to say that I’m a normal girl, but I think I am.”

Katherine on her marriage to singer Josh Kelley: “There were a good few weeks when I almost smothered him with his pillow,” she says. But that’s marriage, she adds: “two people with totally different lives and totally different experiences just trying to fit.”



For the full article, visit Harper’s Bazaar.
[photo courtesy by Harper’s Bazaar/Alexi Lubomirski]

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review