Search the web   Search this site

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Charice sings ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ at Dodgers opening day event (videos)

In music there are no boundaries. 16-year-old Singing sensation Charice who is a proud Filipino was invited to sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” in front of 60,000 people at the opening baseball event at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles last April 13 (Dodgers vs. Giants game).

She gave a great performance singing the U.S. National Anthem and according to AsianJournal, Charice said singing in front of thousands of people at the home of the Dodgers, Chavez Ravine, was a great opportunity.

"You know as I was walking down [to the field] I saw all these pictures of the Dodgers and I was just thinking of all the people, all the celebrities who sang the American National Anthem here," she said. "And here I am. They chose me. I’m not even an American citizen but they chose me to sing the National Anthem. This is really a big opportunity for me."






Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review