Search the web   Search this site

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Christina Aguilera speak out against Proposition 8

Ellen DeGeneres is one the first celebrities who expressed her disappointment on passage of California's Proposition 8. Now, Christina Aguilera shares and speaks out against California’s Proposition 8.

"Last night, there was a whole rally that I saw for Prop. 8," she told MTV News. "A lot of people came out with their signs, and I think [Prop. 8] is discrimination and I don't understand how people can be so closed-minded and so judgmental. We chose an African-American president, and it means so much ... [it's] a time in history of great change and open-mindedness. Why is this any different? It just doesn't make sense to me. Why you would put so much money behind something [aimed at] stopping from people loving each other and bonding together? I just don't understand it. It's hard for me to grasp. But I would've been out there with my rally sign as well."

A few moments later, she added, "Mormons aren't gonna buy my album but, you know, what are you gonna do?"

To the people who do know Proposition 8, it eliminates the right of same-sex couples to marry.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review