Search the web   Search this site

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mary-Kate Olsen is a modern icon of ELLE UK (September issue)

Mary-Kate Olsen is better off in talking her fashion influences than talking about Heath Ledger. This is how she opens up in the September issue of the British Elle mag.

On people's appreciation of her style :
"I think it’s flattering that people acknowledge my fashion and enjoy it. What I find odd is, let’s say a weekly will come out [describing my outfit] as a fashion disaster, while the fashion industry actually respects what I wear. So it goes hand-in-hand. Something could be seen as horrible, but by someone else it could be viewed as a fashion trend."

On the clothing line, The Row and Elizabeth and James :
"I’m happy that people recognize the designs for the clothing and not for the name, because I think that is how fashion should be anyway: if it is a good piece, it’s just a good piece."

On fame :
"It used to be so glamorous"


more pics after the jump....




Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review