Search the web   Search this site

Friday, December 10, 2010

Wesley Snipes is now in Prison for his three-year sentence

After failing to worked around the system, actor Wesley Snipes began serving his three-year sentence at McKean Federal Correctional Institute in Lewis Run, Pennsylvania for tax violations.

According to ABCnews, Snipes surrendered shortly before noon today (Dec. 9) at a federal prison in Pennsylvania. He is inmate No. 43355-018. Snipes will end up in the adjacent satellite minimum security prison camp
During his interview with CNN's Larry King, he was asked if his nervous about going to prison.

Snipes said, "I think any man would be nervous. Given the length of time that they are suggesting that I be away from my family, away from my profession, away from my ability to provide for my family and for those who have depended upon me to contribute to society...I think anyone would be nervous about that."

The "Blade" actor was found guilty on tax evasion charges (three misdemeanor charges) in 2008. He has spent the last two years filing for appeal.

[Photo courtesy by Larry Busacca/Getty Images]

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review