Search the web   Search this site

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oscar De La Hoya Enters Rehab!

Boxing icon and Golden Boy Promotions founder Oscar De La Hoya is now seeking professional help as he decided to voluntarily checked himself into a rehab for “treatment to address certain health and personal issues.”


Checking into a California-based facility to take care his substance abuse problem, In a statement issued to to TMZ:
After doing an honest evaluation of myself, I recognize that there are certain issues that I need to work on. Like everyone, I have my flaws, and I do not want to be one of those people that is afraid to admit and address those flaws. Throughout my career and my life, I have always met all challenges head-on, and this is no different. I am confident that with the support of my family and friends, I will become a stronger, healthier person.
De La Hoya's last fight is with boxing champ Manny Pacquiao as the Golden boy took a beating from the people's champ. Pacquiao won the bout on the 8th round via TKO. De La Hoya announced his retirement on 2009.

Another great sport hero fallen to this kind of issues but the good thing is, he is facing and trying to defeat his demons.

[Photo courtesy by Scott Heavey/Getty Images]
Follow MindRelaxingIdeas on Twitter! - Facebook!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review