Search the web   Search this site

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Julia Roberts & Tom Hanks: W Magazine June 2011

Tom Hanks played it cool as he puts his hands around Julia Roberts on the latest cover of W’s June 2011 issue.

Highlights of the interview:

Were you nervous about being directed by Tom Hanks?
Julia Roberts: God, no. We knew each other socially. When I was in Rome, shooting Eat Pray Love, Tom sent me the script and said, “Tell me what you think.” I couldn’t stop smiling when I read it: It’s topical, but very positive. It contains this moment in history in a very interesting way. The movie says, You can lose your job and your way and still rescue yourself. Larry Crowne creates a self-excavated utopia, and I love that idea, that message. And Tom is so good at making fun of himself. In the beginning of the film, he’s wearing pleated khakis. No one should wear pleated khakis onscreen.

Did you write the part of your teacher for Julia Roberts?
Tom Hanks: Yes. I had some teachers who looked like Julia. I would see them and think, I love you. So there was never anyone but Julia. Still, even after she said yes, I was the boss. That meant I got to say, “You don’t wear this dress, you wear that dress.” And Julia’s Julia—she can be intimidating [Laughs].

For the full article, visit W.

[Photo courtesy by W mag/Mario Sorrenti]
Follow MindRelaxingIdeas on Twitter! - Facebook!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review