Search the web   Search this site

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Halle Berry: Daughter Nahla 'Is Black'

Actress Halle Berry doesn’t want to put any labels on her two year-old daughter Nahla but she strongly thinks that her daughter is black despite her mixed race.

Nahla is now the  center of Halle Berry's custody battle against her ex, French-Canadian model Gabriel Aubry.

In her interview with Ebony magazine March 2011 issue (via E!), 44 year-old actress explains:
"What I think is that that's something she's going to have to decide. I'm not going to put a label on it. I had to decide for myself, and that's what she's going to have to decide—how she identifies herself in the world. And I think, largely, that will be based on how the world identifies her. That's how I identified myself.

"But I feel like she's Black. I'm Black and I'm her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory."
The one-drop rule follows the classification about a person being black if they had any African ancestry.

Halle Berry was born to a white mother and an African American father.

Meanwhile, talking about being a mother and career.
"Being a mother is probably the most important thing in my life right now. Career is important, but nothing really supersedes my role as a mother. That's the most important thing I'm going to do in this life at this point."

For nore info, visit Ebony.


[Photo courtesy by Ebony]

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review