Search the web   Search this site

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Christina Hendricks in Harper’s Bazaar November 2010 issue

Christina Hendricks in her red hot sexy trademark in the latest November 2010 cover of Harper’s Bazaar.

Mad Men's  “sexy secretary” talks about the attention she's getting, her image and many more..

On the special attention she's getting: "Women hit on me," she chuckles. "My husband thinks it's so odd that so many women hit on me." Gay men too. "They say to me, 'Well, I'm not straight, but if I was…' I think it's so flattering."

On being a positive image for curvy women: "When the attention started to be about my figure, I was surprised, because it wasn't something I was focused on. And then it became very positive, and people were saying very nice things." During Mad Men's first season, she and Arend were at dinner when a fan approached her and said, "'Excuse me, I just want to tell you that I watch your show, and you make me feel better about myself. I am a curvy woman, and you've made me feel sexy and beautiful.' I got teary eyed."

On her diet growing up (preternaturally healthy body image): "My mother never said to lose weight. Diets were never a big deal. My mom was always beautiful and voluptuous and curvy, and I always thought she was gorgeous." But puberty had its inevitable challenges. "I did have doubts about my figure when I was 12, 14," she admits. "I was a dancer, but my body was changing. Then all of a sudden I started getting boobs and my body wasn't playing along with my game plan. It got depressing for a bit, because I desperately wanted to be a ballerina."

For the full article, visit Harper’s Bazaar.





[Photos courtesy by Harper’s Bazaar/Terry Richardson]


Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review