Search the web   Search this site

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Anna Paquin on coming out: "I just wanted to do my bit."

Actress Anna Paquin made a big step coming out and tell to world that she's a bisexual via PSA earlier this year and her main goal is to share and spread Equality.
"I'm not someone who endlessly talks about her personal life for no reason, but obviously, as someone who identifies as bisexual, those are issues I really care about -- and frankly, I don't see why everyone doesn't care about them," Paquin tells Zap2it. "So when I was asked to participate in that PSA (for True Colors First, a gay rights organization), it was just an obvious, 'Well, of course I will."
Paquin said that her sexuality is no secret, "It wasn't like it was a big secret. It was just a cause I cared about and privately supported, but not one that I had ever had an opportunity to speak out about in a way that would be useful. Obviously I know that one person's voice doesn't necessarily do that much, but I just wanted to do my bit."

Meanwhile, Paquin and her fiance/costar Stephen Moyer will back for HBO's 'True Blood' 3rd season on June 13.

[Photo courtesy by Bauer Griffin]

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review