Search the web   Search this site

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar diagnosed with rare form of leukemia

NBA legend and one of the greatest professional basketball players of all time Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML), a rare form of leukemia (blood cancer) back in December 2008.

His doctor is currently checking his blood levels on a regular basis and now Kareem is going public now to educate people about this disease.

He said, “I’ve never been a person to share my private life. But I can help save lives. It’s incumbent on someone like me to talk about this.”

The first time he heard that he has "leukemia", he described, "I was scared. I thought it was all the same. I thought it could mean I have a month to live. That was my first question. Was I going to make it?"

Encouraging all people with this kind of disease, "There is hope. This condition can be treated. You can still live a productive, full life," he said. "I'm living proof I can make it."

We are all praying for you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review