Search the web   Search this site

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Natalie Portman explains "Eating Animals"

Actress-vegetarian Natalie Portman wrote some interesting thoughts via huffingtonpost defending Jonathan Safran Foer’s "Eating Animals". She claims that the author helps her to realized that being vegetarian practitioner is not enough, she must spread the awareness actively.
I've always been shy about being critical of others' choices because I hate when people do that to me. I'm often interrogated about being vegetarian (e.g., "What if you find out that carrots feel pain, too? Then what'll you eat?").
I've also been afraid to feel as if I know better than someone else -- a historically dangerous stance (I'm often reminded that "Hitler was a vegetarian, too, you know"). But this book reminded me that some things are just wrong. Perhaps others disagree with me that animals have personalities, but the highly documented torture of animals is unacceptable, and the human cost Foer describes in his book, of which I was previously unaware, is universally compelling.
For the full article, visit huffingtonpost.

[Photo courtesy by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Image]

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review