Search the web   Search this site

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Danny Gokey landed a Country music deal

Remember Danny Gokey, the American Idol hopeful who fall short in reaching the final two in Season 8 has finally got a break as he signed a record deal with 19 Recordings and RCA Nashville to create a country-inspired album.
“I didn’t realize the ‘Idol’ experience would give me a musical direction, but it did,” said Gokey. “There were country songs that I performed on the show, and it was the message and the feeling in those kinds of songs that helped me realize that country is where I belong.”

He added, “I grew up in a family where I was exposed to music from artists like Alan Jackson and Wynonna and Brooks & Dunn, and when Randy Travis was on the show and asked me if I’d ever considered country music, it was one more sign of where I knew I needed to be.”
Gokey really has distinctive voice and going country music is great choice for him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review